Monday, October 20, 2008

Supernatural Se04Ep05 "Monster Movie"

After all the angst on the last episode, in true typical Supernatural style, we are presented with a kinda interval episode that serves the purpose of mostly to lighten the mood with some funnies. And it works every time! Well, almost in this case.

"I am become death. Fear me!"

Since I am not a monster movie buff, half of the effort made on this episode was pretty much wasted. And as funny as some of the scenes are and as great as the dialogues were, "re-hymenated" LOL, it just didn't really hit the mark like Tall Tales or one of my favorites of all times, Ghostfacers. Although, Dracula paying for pizza delivery with a coupon comes quite close.

The black and white feel and the editing was well done. It really does have a old school, cliche vibe. And did anybody else get the intentional pun about this being a straightforward, black and white job? Of course y'all did LOL

"You smell so good. I must have you!"
"Damn you, Old Spice!"


Overall I'd give it 3.75 stars. Could've been funnier and since I'm not a monster movie buff, I can't really appreciate the episode.


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
by TemplatesForYou-TFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru